Sunday, 11 October 2015

Friday 2nd October - Sutton Bank

It was a lovely Autumn afternoon and just right for a walk. Unfortunately the autumn colours had not developed as much as they have done at home.



The afternoon sun was really hitting the cliff face full on, I always think it is a quite yellow stone and am surprised that it is called the Whitestone Cliff. I think I need to work out how to achieve the panorama shots with my camera because, as you can see, this one is all over the place and didn't join up properly.

A surprise at the farm was that they had two very dark pigs (are these farmed wild boar?).

They were certainly friendly but at least we didn't have to cross their field.

Walking round Lake Gormire and through Garbutt Wood there were plenty of fungi coming through. I suppose it had been quite wet during the week.

This shot sums up autumn for me with the toadstool and the colours of the fallen leaves but still some nice greens mainly in the fern leaves.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment