Thursday, 8 October 2015

Scavenger Hunt - September 2015

I am sorry that I am rather late in posting this month. Unfortunately I have been without phone or broadband through my landline for the last 8 days. Anyway, I am back on line now, so I can post my September pictures. Another month where I did not find it easy, but it was the ones that should have been easy that I found difficult! So here we go:

  1. Woven

    This Kangaroo was at Captain Cook Memorial Museum in Whitby. It was inspired by the George Stubbs painting “The Kongouro from New Holland” which was on temporary loan in Whitby. Unforgiveably I omitted the name of the sculptor which is Emma Stothard who lives in Whitby. Her web-site page about the kangaroo is http://www.emmastothard.com/blog/101-the-whitby-willow-kangaroo

  1. Repeating
    The pattern of brick work on a new office block being built in York, it might almost have been woven.
  1. Greedy
    One of these Rose Sawfly caterpillars eats the leaves on a rose briar in my garden each year.
  1. Flowers
     
     I think these are Rudbeckia flowers.
  1. Curly
    I love these curly cabbages which were on sale at a florists in Pitlochry. In England they are used for colourful winter bedding.
  1. Adventures
     If you go down to the woods today...
  1. Line
In this case The Highland line running through Pitlochry Station,
  and a little further north passing over the viaduct in Killiekrankie Pass.
  1. Mesmerising
    A Heron staring at the canal until the fish comes within catching range.
  1. Triangle
     A warning triangle apparently for cyclists on National Cycle Route 7. And, yes, there were,

  1. Dreamy
     I loved these clouds building up on a summer's afternoon.
  1. Day
     Well somebody's Big Day.
  1. Whatever you want

    These are “The Kelpies” at Falkirk in Scotland. The two 30 metre high sculptures of horse's heads either side of the canal were created by Andy Scott in 2013

3 comments:

  1. This is a super collection! Better late than never! I love repeating, curly and adventures (I recognise that carved face from my trip to Northumberland in 2013).

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful collection of images :) Love the Green Man type sculpture in the woods and the Kelpies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful collection of photographs to illustrate the words. Those horse sculptures are fantatic. Nivce etoseee the Red Squirrel is around your parts. If that scary fface is what you have in your woods, i won't be walking there! Loe the flowers, first sculpture and intresting facade on that building

    ReplyDelete