Saturday, 6 February 2016

Scavenger Hunt January 2015

I am not creative enough to come up with my own subjects so I went back to January 2015, which was before I "joined", and used those as my subjects for the month. One of my friends gave me a gentle reminder that I had not posted anything yet. So here goes:

1. Something new
This is in Valencia and was a display of new Ford cars, they have a large manufacturing plant in Valencia, parked at the City of Science and Arts. The shallow pool is a permanent feature allowing terrific reflections.
 
2. Landscape
The Temple of the Four Winds on the Castle Howard Estate. The whole landscape round Castle Howard has been created to give surprising views as you emerge from woods or from behind hills.
 
3. Words
An old railway Notice Board from the National Railway Museum in York

4. Cold
Not either a good or an exciting photograph. When I decided that I would use January 2015 subjects I thought this is easy, all I have to do is go a photograph some hoar frost on some plants, excellent! There was no further frost in my part of Yorkshire until on one walk at the end of January I realised there was some firmness in the mud and there was a little bit of ice.
 
5. Bottle
Back to an old photograph of mine taken in Venice. Difficult to see the bottles but it's s shop window display of Bottles of Absinthe.
 
6. Up High
Illeta Penyes d'Arabi this small islet is at the eastern end of the Mediterranean and is viewed from the cliffs of the Serra Gelada near Benidorm.
 
7. In the Fridge 
I admit I never did photograph anything in the freezer so I have put two pictures of Texture.


8. Texture
The bark of a fabulous old oak tree.

The art of stone dressing gradually being erased by moss and lichen.

9. Hidden
The Temple of the Four Winds again.


10. Blue
The Mausoleum at Castle Howard against a blue January sky, quite a rare sight in this part of the world.

11. Big
Another tower block being built in Benidorm this time with a super gold coloured cladding.

12. Whatever you Want

The evening setting sun at Studley Royal near Ripon.


As ever thanks go to Greenthumb for hosting the scavenger hunt and doing, what I now realise is, the hard work of choosing the subjects!  And I am so pleased we have subjects again for February
You can see more photo collections Greenthumb's Scavenger Hunt page: http://suzzie43.blogspot.co.uk/p/scaerngera.html 






2 comments:

  1. Glad you managed to join in :) I do like the blue photo, wish we had a little more of that sky today.
    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely set of photos - I particularly like the two under "texture" :)

    Thanks so much for your very interesting comment on my Stratford Misericords and for enclosing the links. It really made me think more about the interpretations.

    ReplyDelete